Fri, Jan 12|
Calgary Changemaker School
Fridays Only Homeschool Rec Program Jan-June
Fridays Only Rec Program for Homeschoolers in Grades 2-6 January 12 2024 - June 21 2024 (Fridays)
Time & Location
Jan 12, 2024, 8:30 a.m. – Jun 21, 2024, 3:30 p.m.
Calgary Changemaker School, 16 Commercial Dr, Calgary, AB T3Z 2A7, Canada
About the event
Our "FRIDAYS ONLY" Homeschool Rec Program is designed for Homeschoolers in Grades 2-6 and runs full days (8:30am-3:30pm) on Fridays at the Calgary Changemaker School
Pricing & Dates (classes are taught by certified teachers and includes all activities, field trips, materials and clubs):
$1710 January 12 - June 21 (18 Fridays - see dates below - you will also find all dates in our calendar on the Parent Page of www.CalgaryChangemakerSchool.com)
January 12, 19
March 1, 8, 15
April 12, 19, 26
May 3, 10, 24, 31
June 7, 14, 21
Fridays (8:30am-3:30pm) include (subject to minor changes each week):
- Numeracy/Literacy Challenge Groups
- Changemaker Town Hall
- Maker Space or STEAM Project Block
- Outdoor Education, Outdoor Sports
- Spirit Days (special theme days, events and costume days)
- Choice Clubs (offerings change each term):
Some of the clubs we have offered in the past include (not all in the same term):
- Culinary Arts (Advanced) / Healthy Culinary Creations (Beginner)
- Survival Skills
- Snow Fort Building or Spring Loose Parts Play
- Ninja Challengers
- Visual Arts (painting, drawing, mixed-media etc.)
- Music or Band
- Dance or Yoga
- Lego & STEAM Challengers
- Gardening & Hydroponics
- Spanish as a Second Language
- All recreational programs are non-refundable once paid as we have to hire staff and purchase materials in advance.
- All students in our rec program are required to wear their Changemaker T-shirt (included and provided on first day) while participating in our programs. Additional optional uniform options can be purchased in our school store in the Main Office.
- Students will need a lunch, 2 snacks and appropriate gear for outdoor learning in all types weather.
- There are no assessments or formal report cards provided for rec program participants. However, periodic narrative updates on your child's academic, social or emotional learning can be provided via e-mail upon request.
We strive to be an inclusive and welcoming school for all, but we are not a designated special needs school. Therefore do not have the resources, funding or expertise to appropriately support some students, including:
- Students with severe behaviour challenges, oppositional defiance, or any history of aggression or physical violence.
- Students who require significant 1:1 support (unless the family provides their own aide).
- Students who require nursing staff or who are considered medically fragile (unless the family provides their own aide).
- Students who may be a flight risk or danger to themselves or others in an outdoor learning environment.
Please contact us prior to application if your child has complex or special needs. We will be happy to discuss whether your child will benefit from our program.
FRIDAYS Homeschool Rec Program
Fridays Only Rec Program for Homeschoolers in Grades 2-6 (Fri)$1,710.00+$42.75 service fee